The Science and Wisdom of Being Kind to Yourself
Welcome! And blessings to you for taking the time to invest in one of the most important relationships you have: the one with yourself.
We hope the time you spend engaging with this workshop feels like a gift to you, from you.
During this workshop, Second Breath Conscious Facilitator Rev. Jo Nygard Owens will walk you through why cultivating a self-compassion practice really matters, and also how to start one. By the end, we hope you’ll feel deeply connected to your inner goodness and equipped with tools to care for yourself in future times of need.
Before playing the workshop recording below, we request you take a few deep breaths and gather the following:
1. An openness to transforming the way you talk to and relate to yourself
2. Something to write in and write with
We hope you’re feeling inspired and empowered to treat yourself with the same kindness you’d treat a dear friend. You deserve it. (And the best part is, those you love will benefit too!)
Below, find a link to our workshop reference guide and links to some of our other favorite resources.
• Self-Compassion Workshop Reference Guide (PDF)
This includes quick notes from the workshop and two of the spiritual practices we did together.
Download today for dozens free spiritual practices and subscribe monthly or yearly to access all of our wisdom series – including a 5-part series on self-compassion!
• Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself and Fierce Self-Compassion: How Women Can Harness Kindness to Speak Up, Claim Their Power, and Thrive by Kristin Neff, Ph.D
• Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha by Tara Brach, Ph.D
• Good Morning, I Love You: Mindfulness and Self-Compassion Practices to Rewire Your Brain for Calm, Clarity, and Joy by Shauna Shapiro, Ph.D
• No Bad Parts: Healing Trauma and Restoring Wholeness with the Internal Family Systems Model by Richard C. Schwartz, Ph.D
• The Guest House by Rumi
ABOUT JO NYGARD OWENS
The wonderful Jo Nygard Owens is an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (USA), founder of Vibrant Church Communications, and a critical and vibrant member of the Conscious Facilitator community at Second Breath. Learn more about Jo.