Self Compassion: The Science and Wisdom of Being Kind to Yourself [On-Demand]
Jesus said: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” And while one lesson is, undoubtedly, to love others well. There’s another nugget of wisdom embedded herein: Jesus is also saying you need to love yourself well in order to love others well.
Self compassion isn’t a luxury – it’s a necessity for living and loving well. And it ripples out for the benefit of you and those around you.
Modern research has revealed that people who practice self-compassion experience:
- Greater happiness
- More motivation
- More satisfying relationships
- Less anxiety and depression
- Better physical health
In February 2023, Second Breath Center hosted a virtual workshop on Self Compassion: The Science and Wisdom of Being Kind to Yourself. Now, we’re offering this workshop on-demand. With a purchase, you will receive:
- A ~2 hour TED-style video talk from Second Breath Conscious Facilitator Rev. Jo Nygard Owens, sharing leading research from Dr. Kristin Neff, Ph.D. woven with Christian wisdom teachings from contemplative Fr. Thomas Keating
- Writing reflections and guided spiritual practices throughout the video talk
- Downloadable Self Compassion worksheets for ongoing personal practice
- A reference guide for further readings and spiritual practice tools
This workshop is facilitated by Rev. Jo Nygard Owens, Second Breath Conscious Facilitator, founder of Vibrant Church Communications, and Pastor of Digital Ministry at Washington National Cathedral. To gain access to the workshop, simply follow the prompt on this page to complete a purchase. The on-demand workshop will be delivered straight to your email inbox.