In the Outward Journey class, you are invited to consider what you want to do with “your one wild and precious life” as Mary Oliver said in her poem “The Summer Day.” You will take a look at the competing energies that both hinder and help as you move towards living a life of intention, meaning, and joy. With spiritual practices to guide you and many stories and experiences to inspire you, your outward journey invites you to step into the world with more clarity, compassion, and confidence.
The Outward Journey covers the following trail:
- “Call” and “Vocation” Redefined
- Competing Energies Within Us
- Everything in Our Life Matters
- Our Special Way of Being in the World
- Our Aliveness Thread
- Our Uniquely Significant Touch Points in Life
What will you experience on this journey?
- TED-like talks from the Reverend Greg Farrand and Ruth D. Anderson, PhD
- Uniquely designed Reflection Questions and Activities for you to think about what brings you joy; how you are gifted (and not gifted); and how everything in your life belongs and contributes to you “living in fullness.”
- Spiritual Practices that are both beautiful and practical to bring clarity to your outward journey
- Forums where you can read and contribute to stories about the outward journey (and be inspired or you inspiring the Second Breath community)
- Office hours (live-once each quarter) with the Rev. Greg Farrand, Executive Director and/or Ruth D. Anderson, PhD, Chief Content Officer of Second Breath Center (both former participants who have been personally impacted by this very same course content and spiritual practice)
- Experiences and insights on the life you have led and the life you are now living that have boundless potential for your present and your future-saturated in Divine Love