Have you ever thought about how your opinion of the “friendliness” of the Universe impacts your choices in life? Or what motivates you to take some actions and not others? Or how spiritual practice can enhance what Jesus called your “fullness of life”?
In this class, you will take an inward journey that might surprise and delight you as you pause and explore basic questions about how you view and live your life through the lens of the Christian wisdom tradition.
What topics are covered in this course:
- The Path and Practice of Christian Spirituality
- Our Framing Stories and the Impact on Our Lives
- From The Self We Became Instead to the Self God Has in Mind: True Self/False Self
- Exodus Story as our Story
- What Drives Us: Looking for Love in all the Wrong Places
- Spiritual Practice through Accessing the Aliveness of Our Three Centers of Intelligence
What is included in this course?
- Ted-like talks from the Reverend Greg Farrand (17 in all about 8 minutes for each)
- Uniquely designed Reflection Questions and Activities for each topic—some are straight forward and others access your imagination but all are inviting you to consider how this content impacts your life—right now
- Spiritual Practices that are both beautiful and useful–woven into each Lesson
- Forums where you can read and contribute to stories about the inward journey (where you are inspired and also inspiring to others in the Second Breath Community)
- Office hours (live-once each quarter) with the Rev. Greg Farrand, Executive Director and/or Ruth D. Anderson, PhD, Chief Content Officer of Second Breath Center (both former participants who have been personally impacted by this very same course content and spiritual practice)
- Experiences that bring a smile or an “ah-ha” or some deep insight into your life—right now